For more than a century, local, regional and national businesses from every sector of the energy, environment, and natural resources market have turned to Crowley Fleck PLLP for a broad range of corporate, financial, litigation, regulatory, and transactional services in North Dakota, Montana, and Wyoming. Crowley Fleck’s full service Energy, Environment, and Natural Resources Department is widely acclaimed for its extensive experience in a broad variety of areas, including:
- Energy and Mineral litigation, including leasehold and royalty disputes, quiet title actions, condemnation (including pipelines, power lines, and mining projects), contract disputes, and tribal sovereignty issues;
- Environmental matters in state and federal courts involving Clean Air Act, Clean Water Act, greenhouse gases and climate change, Endangered Species Act, Migratory Bird Treaty Act, and NEPA;
- Administrative and regulatory practice before multiple state and federal agencies including the States’ Oil and Gas Commissions, Public Service Commissions, BLM, ONRR, IBLA, and EPA;
- Transactional matters, including the preparation of title opinions; pipeline and transmission line projects; wind energy, power plant, and mining (hard rock and coal) projects; mergers, acquisitions and divestitures; miscellaneous transactions and closings; and financing opinions;
- Lobbying and government affairs.
In addition to its large Energy Department, the firm has over 150 lawyers in the three state region practicing in the areas of banking, finance, commercial litigation and real estate, employment law, health care, creditors rights, taxation, trusts, estates, wealth planning, and tort and bad faith litigation. Since 1895, Crowley Fleck’s commitment has been to provide its clients the highest quality legal service in a timely and cost effective manner.